Yoga For Joint Disease
As our bodies age we can develop diseases of ‘wear and tear’ especially in our overworked joints especially in our knee, hip and spine. Osteoarthritis results from degradation of cartilage that cushions our joints. Rheumatoid arthritis results from our immune system mistakenly attacking our joint tissue. Arthritis can occur in any part of the body including lower back, leg,ankle, wrists, shoulder, arm and fingers. Nerve compression as a result of slipped disc or hernia can lead to conditions such as Sciatica. Excess body weight and inflammation can aggravate and accelerate joint diseases. Yogic way of life can help relieve chronic pain and function
Avail yourself of a yogic way of life, that includes:
Here are a few benefits that you should know about in detail.
- Yogasanas help gently exercise the impacted joints including knee, hip and lower back, improve blood circulation, reduce inflammation and relieve pain.
- Asanas also help to stretch and strengthen the muscles around the joints and support the nerves.
- Backbend, forward bends and seated poses help to relieve the pain.
- For example, backbend, forward bends and seated poses help to relieve the pain in lower back area.
- Asanas also correct the alignment.
- It also releases tension from any muscle knots that may have developed.
Some of the recommended asanas for Joint Disease are:
- Yoga Nidra
- Supt Pavanmuktasana
Pranayama utilises breath control to help direct energies to impacted joints to improve circulation, reduce perception of pain and accelerate healing. Pranayama is also known to help reduce stress and inflammation in the body. Pranayama in conjunction with Asanas can serve as a powerful adjunct to medical treatment for Joint diseases
- Nadi Shodhana, anulom vilom (alternate nostril breathing),
- bhastrika. Pranayam( (rhythmic breath awareness) conducted together with asanas such as Janu Sirsasana or Katichakra asana are also effective approaches to alleviate joint stiffness.
Some of the pranayama techniques that may be useful are:
You can use meditation to lower the perception of pain in your joints. Guided meditation is the best in this context, as it reduces the feeling as such. Meditation also reduces anxiety and stress, which can trigger the pain otherwise.
Your Class Schedule For Joint DiseaseSchedule
|Course Name||Package||Course Fees||Booking|
|Yoga for joint Disease||Single Drop-In Class||15 USD||Enroll Now|
|Yoga for joint Disease||5 Classes over 1 Week Package||60 USD||Enroll Now|
|Yoga For joint Disease||20 Classes over 1 Month Package||200 USD||Enroll Now|